Sunday, September 28, 2014

Phenomenal Woman

In my English class last week my teacher Played my peers and I the classic poem of Maya Angelou titled Phenomenal Woman . This Poem directed toward woman is empowering with its words such as "I walk into a room just as cool as you please and to a man the fellas stand or Fall down on their knees then they swarm around me a hive of honey bees". She says "It's in the arch of my back
 the sun of my smile, the ride of my breasts, the grace of my style ,I'm a woman" which shows her words through her feministic features. Maya portrays herself with grace saying "Now you understand just why my head's not bowed I don't shout or jump about or have to talk real loud when see me passing it ought to make you proud I say " .

 I love this poem because she has this sense of empowerment for women that I absolutely adore . I am personally all for women uplifting each other she gives this perfectly through this speech . This poem to me says that as a female we all have special curves and great qualities about our self that uniquely make us phenomenal in our own way . This poem should cross every woman path at least once in there lifetime that's how Empowering it is .

No comments:

Post a Comment